OVERVIEW OF 2014.
Looking back, it's funny that I wrote 2013 was the best year of my life. I was wrong, this year got even better than the last. Nothing is ever perfect and perfection requires an awareness of discontent to really cherish the things you have. This past year, I made an effort to count my blessings by writing what I am thankful for in a paper diary. By doing this exercise, I believe it made me become a greater positive person, looking at things in an uplifting light and challenge my inner unnecessary worries. 2014 was the year I became debt free, traveled to a lot of places, and left my FT job abruptly. No matter what, I'm taking whatever life throws at me as a valuable lesson for the future.
The best memories..
I have too many good memories this year that none of them can surely be the best.
- Surprise birthday gift to Cancun from the bf!
- Had my first international vacation in my whole life! (Rome, Florence, Milan, Paris)
- Had my first solo international flight in my whole life to Milan, Thanks to Mai!
- Got my Linkedin Redesign featured on WebDesign Served: Behance.
- Went out of my comfort zone and dined alone in many places: Coffee Cafe, Dimsum for 1, Macaron Break
- Taught myself to home prep a lot more of my meals, including: Wonton, Healthy Salmon
- Best dish I ever ate the whole year. Lobster Risotto from The Mews Restaurant in Cape Cod, and the nice bbq out on a deck during 4th of July.
- Had my first Thanksgiving where I cooked the entire meal for 12, then again in Milan!
Things I would like to have in 2015 that I lacked in 2014..
Find what I want to do as next steps and figure out how to proceed what's next. Ramp up my freelance projects to E.X.T.R.E.M.E
My biggest achievement of the year..
- Paying off all $13k on my credit card, becoming debt free for the first time. Achieved my savings goal for the year and able to stick with it.
I wish I would’ve done more of..
Taking the time to stop and appreciate the small things.
I wish I would’ve done less of..
Worrying about troubles and losing sleep - having nightmares on uncontrollable events. Learning to not let worries get to me and stress me out.
Something I wanted and got..
The ability to travel to more places and go beyond my comfort zones. I am grateful for being able to do a lot of 'firsts' this year.
A valuable life lesson I learned in 2014.
Spending time to worry about things that I can't control only brings more stress. Learning to meditate and gain active goal setting solutions to manage my emotional level. I also learned that if I put my mind and discipline to things, I can achieve anything, even one of my toughest goals to date - finances.
Resolutions for 2015
- Learning a new skill, improving my designs.
- Set new goals that I'll be proud of.
- Make more time for my grandparents.
- Find a Job.